When I witnessed the making of Marble God Statues in Jaipur

 That was my first trip to my grandma's (Nani) home since the lockdown. Her home is in a colony adjacent to some of the best marble moorti manufacturers in Jaipur. While everyone around suddenly turning into a health conscious freak, my Mom pushed me to walk around instead of wandering behind my Mamu's bike. Colleges across the nation were shut already, and we had nothing much to read or write. I felt I was trapped again. How'd I pass my time without having not much to do???

 I decided to use the semi-opened room on the roof as the castle for all my creative activities (or rather mischief, as termed by my Nani). After doing all what I could from the scrap stored in there, I was again out of work on the fourth day of my stay. With nothing much left to do, I finally decided to fulfill my Mom's wish of exploring the neighborhood on my toes. It wasn't for very distant when I spotted a beautiful marble Shiva statue.

 The magnificent piece of art was so well carved that I found myself drawn towards it. After gazing for quite a long time, I stepped ahead only to find another marble Saraswati statue. While the Shiva statue had left me awestricken, this marvelous art piece kept me mesmerized. As I walked just few more steps I found one semi-carved marble garden statue. This was a place with several marble God statues makers. That was when I realised that I am standing in the middle of the hub of the best murti makers in Jaipur.

 I hurried to the nearest marble murti manufacturer, one with a huge collection of carved-uncarved marble stones. I requested the sculptor to share with me the experience of carving the huge stones into such magnificent sculptures. He smiled with an assurance. I now knew what I will be doing for the rest of my stay at my Nani.

 It was an order for one of the event gardens located in the posh colony of the city. I could just imagine the charm of bearing witness to the conversion of a lifeless stone into a life size marble Radha Krishna statue. I have seen several marble Durga Mata statues and marble Ram Darbaar statues during the Navratri festivals. I had often wondered how were they even carved? But soon I will witness the creation of a gigantic marble God statue

 I asked him out of curiosity, will he make some marks on the stone before cutting it? He laughed at my question and suggested me to wait and watch. For two long days I watched the sculptor hammering the chisel at different corners. He was pitching off huge pieces of stone from here and there. I started feeling boredom and decided to skip the third day. When I climbed my castle at my Nani's home the next day, I could see the basic structure already taking shape.

 My excitement knew no boundaries as I rushed to see him work on the stone once again. Wearing the same recognizable smile, the sculptor was busy working on the folds and the turns. I could now see through his imagination, however, the real image was still far away.

 It took him another two days to bring live the features and the characteristics of my favorite God. The sculpture was almost ready, came the thought in my mind; and he just passed his pleasing mysterious smile.

 And then it was the time for the polishing of the marble God statue. The sculptor carefully yet very lovingly stroked the marvelous sculpture with sand paper before polishing it with iron and tin oxides to give that reflexive surface to the grand marble statue of Radha Krishan - the beloved Hindu deity of all the youngsters in love.

 As compelling the marble statue was converting into, as captivated I felt for the sculptor too. I wondered how he could remember all the fine lines, where to cut, how deep to push, how much to stroke? It was as if the image was well engrossed not only in his mind, but was also deeply rooted in his heart. I had bore witness to his work which couldn't be less than his way of showing the devotion towards the deity. Fascinated with his art work, I asked him his name.

 

"Abdul", he replied with the same pleasant smile.



Buy wide range of Marble Moorti [Marble Statues] Agrawal Moorti Bhandar from :- 

Visit The Website :-  https://www.agrawalmoortibhandar.in/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marble Sculpture History and Method

Marble Statues Beautify Your Home with the Best

Important things to know about Shiva Murtis